Carol Ross Scholarship
Carol Ross Scholarship
for Studies in Occupational Health & Safety
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
This annual scholarship is awarded to a worthy recipient in honour of Carol Ross. Carol has dedicated over two decades of her life to the health and safety industry in Alberta. During this time, under her leadership, and with a focus on service to the industry the AASP has flourished to become one of the largest certifying partners in Alberta. In 2014 Carol was acknowledged for her contribution to the industry by the Albertan government, industry and by her peers when she received the Work Safe Alberta Individual Lifetime Achievement Award. For Carol health and safety is not a career it is a calling and she remains passionate and committed to helping and ensure that Albertan workers go home to their loved ones healthy and safe at the end of each workday. This scholarship is proudly sponsored by SafetyVantage and AuditSoft.
This award will support a worthy student pursuing a career in Occupational Health and Safety through post-secondary studies. The ideal candidate will show a commitment to making workplaces physically and psychologically healthy and safe environments for workers and the communities where they operate.
The annual scholarship of $3,000 is awarded to a student pursuing a career in Occupational Health and Safety that meet the following application requirements:
- Applications will be accepted from students enrolling in an accredited Occupational Health and Safety program at college or university in Alberta (SAIT, NAIT, U of A, U of C, U of L).
- Applications will be accepted from high school graduates and those furthering their education in health and safety graduate studies as outlined in the list of qualified programs.
- Applicants will submit their acceptance into a relevant program.
- Applicants will submit an application prior to the deadline and must include a short essay outlining why workplace health and safety is important to them, and why they are pursuing this course of study.
- Applicants will be permanent residents and must be residing in the province of Alberta.
- Holders of an AASP QSR or those working toward a QSR and want to pursue further post-secondary at the colleges and universities listed above are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications July 31, 2021
Complete the application form in the link below to apply.
You will need to provide:
- Essay outlining why workplace health and safety is important to you, and why you are pursuing this course of study
- Copy of your Enrollment Form in post-secondary studies in OHS for the upcoming academic year
- Contact details of one reference