Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP)
Health and Safety Association and Certifying Partner
Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP) is an Alberta Government approved Health and Safety Association, and a service focused Certifying Partner and a registered non-profit organization under the Society Act of Alberta providing a practical and reasonable approach to health and safety in the workplace.
Through our commitment to our members, and solely through their funding of memberships and course fees, the AASP has grown to be the second largest issuer of Certificates of Recognition (COR and SECOR) in the province. The AASP is also the largest non-funded Certifying Partner that serves all industries in Alberta.
It is our commitment to serving the businesses of Alberta in a quest for zero incidents that has made AASP a successful and respected leader in the occupational health and safety industry as a whole. Under the leadership of the AASP Founder, Carol Ross, CEO, Ray Gaetz, and the Executive Director, Jodi Stoddart, and with support and direction of a diverse Board of Directors, the AASP has grown from a small Certifying Partner with only 58 members in 1999 into the leading non-industry specific certifying partner and health and safety association, not only in Alberta, but in Canada as a whole.
The AASP is relentless at finding ways of improving the value that our services can provide to our member organizations and to Alberta industry as a whole. AASP has since its inception pioneered, developed, and been the early adopter of technical solutions that improve efficiency and reduce cost.
AASP as a Health and Safety Association promotes workplace safety through education and other initiatives.
- AASP can help you lower costs by working with you to develop and implement a health and safety management system that can help you achieve a Certificate of Recognition (COR) or Small Employer Certificate of Recognition that can result in fewer claims and help you lower your WCB premiums.
- AASP as a non-Industry specific health and safety association represents the interests of all employers and promotes workplace safety through education.
- AASP as a safety association can help you develop a safe work environment and improved workplace safety at your site.
- AASP will assist you in coordinating audit services (including auditor training) to help you assess your health and safety program.
- AASP will keep you informed by producing timely newsletter publications, micro-moment videos for safety talks, updated course catalogues, infographics, posters, and videos.
- AASP will assist you by developing and delivering health and safety training applicable for all industries
AASP as a Certifying Partner in Health and Safety
AASP as an accredited Certifying Partner is responsible for assessing the quality of health and safety managements systems through an approved audit process in conjunction with Alberta Labour and Immigration, Partnerships In Injury Reduction program. The Audit Process and the Quality assurance program provides the parameters to issue Certificates of Recognition to both COR and SECOR qualifying employers.