DURATION: 8 Hours
PASSING GRADE: 80%
EXAM ATTEMPTS: 3
Instructor Led Training (Classroom / Webinar)
DURATION: 1 Day (8:30am – 4:30pm)
This course explores the ecosystem of claims management, and provides in-depth information on accommodation, modified work, and Return-to-Work (RTW) programs, procedures, and processes. It outlines how these programs work together to create a robust system of employee support, before and after injury or illness occur. You’ll also learn about modified work, ability management barriers and concerns, and how the WCB functions within these programs.
After taking this course, you’ll be able to assist in implementing an ability management program that utilizes accommodation, modified work, proactive prevention, and Return-to-Work to create a healthy, sustainable, and supportive workplace for injured, ill, or disabled workers.
The learning objectives of this course are to:
- The claims management ecosystem (Accommodation, modified work, ability management, and proactive prevention)
- The Meiorin Test
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- The four P’s and the four C’s of ability management
- Return-to-Work (RTW) programs, components, and processes
- Modified work plans
- The Ability Management Process
- The Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), benefits, and entitlements
- Ability Management, Return-to-Work, and Modified Work policies and procedures
- Ability management roles and responsibilities
- Program communication
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Health & Safety Officer (QHSO)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leader
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.