Drug Alcohol Policy Development
This course is designed to assist employers in developing their own Drug and Alcohol Policy and Program. It covers legislation and best practices, and describes ways that drug testing may be included in a Drug and Alcohol Policy and Program which doesn’t impinge on human rights.
Support your employees by understanding the human factors that influence your Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Note: This course is not US Department of Transport (DOT) specific.
SINGLE COURSE PRICE
DURATION: 90 min
CERTIFICATE VALID: 3 Years
PASSING GRADE: 80%
EXAM ATTEMPTS: 3
The learning objectives of this course are to:
- The impact of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- The purpose and benefits of a Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Drug and Alcohol workplace liabilities
- Human Rights and drug testing
- The Meiorin test
- Understanding accommodation and undue hardship
- The five steps of building a Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Conducting a needs assessment
- Common Drug and Alcohol Policy contents
- Workplace roles and responsibilities
- Testing circumstances, the testing process, and testing alternatives
- Employee education and supervisor training
- Communicating the policy
- Policy supports (Substance Abuse Experts and Employee Assistance Programs)
- Policy support models
- Evaluating your policy
To successfully complete the course, learners have 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam. Upon completion the learner receives a Certificate of Achievement that is valid for 3 years from the date of completion.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.