Essentials for Occupational Health, Safety & Compliance
This in-depth course is based on the original Partnership in Injury Reduction (PIR) Health and Safety program. It enables you to develop and implement you own safety program, which will help your agency or service provider identify and control risks, act as the basis for solving health and safety problems, and help you maximize your productivity and resources. With extensive involvement from sector experts, this course can help prevent and reduce workplace injury, violence, and psychosocial hazards experienced by community services sector workers in Alberta.
After this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe your workplace’s legal obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act, Regulation, and Code.
- Develop and implement an internal responsibility system (IRS) in your workplace.
- Summarize the foundational components of an OHS management system, including each of the 10 elements.
- Complete risk and hazard assessments throughout your work, knowing your environment can change with each client.
- Explain the types of hazards in your work environment, such as psychosocial hazards, and the take steps to address them.
- Manage and support staff who may be exposed to physical and mental hazards in the workplace.
- Explain your rights and responsibilities, and the relationship the government, service providers, employers, and staff all play in ensuring a safe work environment.
- Improve your staff recruitment and Course retention.
- Recruit staff who align with your health and safety culture.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam. Online duration subject to student capabilities.
Live Webinar Course:
AASP accommodates live webinar training sessions for groups on an as needed basis (min 6 participants – max 12 participants / session). To schedule a session please contact Jessica Poettcker.
Note: Included at no additional cost is the customizable OHS Orientation Templates and Employee Handbook which can be downloaded below: