Module 5: Hazard Assessment and Methods of Control
This workshop will provide participants the necessary tools and skills to adequately identify hazards and apply an effective rating system thus ensuring the controls are adequate or identify a need for improvement.
The learning objectives of the course:
Learn about Occupational Hazards and Risk
- Categories of Hazards
- Recognition of Hazards
- Evaluation of the Hazards
- Learn a rating system and how to use a matrix effectively
- How to justify the rating
Methods of Control
- Learn the types of effective controls and combinations of controls
- Complete a Practical Exercise in Hazard Analysis and Risk Control
- Learn how to team work in using the matrix rating system and complete a justification for the rating
- Present the findings to the group
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Health & Safety Officer (QHSO)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.