Module 1: Guide to Develop an Occupational Health & Safety Management System for SECOR
This module is based on the original Partnership in Injury Reduction (PIR) Health and Safety program to assist companies in the development and implementation of their safety programs. The program has been updated and expanded to meet the current AASP and Partnerships Standards.
DURATION: 16 Hours
PASSING GRADE: 80%
EXAM ATTEMPTS: 3
Small Employers (SECOR): $325.00
Instructor Led Training
(Classroom / Webinar)
DURATION: 2 Days (8:30am – 4:30pm)
PASSING GRADE: 80%
Large Employer (COR) : $450(Member)
Small Employer (SECOR) : $325(Member) $550(Non-Member)
Upon completion of this course …
The purpose of a Health and Safety Program is to assist management in identifying and controlling risks, provide the basis for action to health and safety problems and assist in the maximization of productivity for the organization’s resources.
- List and describe the ten major components of a health and safety program including the purpose and benefits.
- Demonstrate the technical knowledge necessary to implement a functional health and safety system based on the ten elements.
- State in their own words the key benefits of an effective health and safety program for an organization in both financial and human terms.
- Explain techniques for communicating with management fostering meaningful management commitment and ongoing support.
- Explain techniques for fostering worker involvement in the organization’s health and safety program.
- Explain some simple methods of estimating the actual direct and indirect costs on an incident.
- Identify the relationship between a health and safety program and the OH&S legislation, with emphasis on the responsibility of an organization to undertake due diligence.
An organization will be issued a Certificate of Recognition (COR) after having a successful External Audit performed on the Health and Safety Program they have developed and implemented with the tools provided in this course. Qualification for a COR indicates the company has met or exceeded the standard as set out by the Partnerships program.
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for COR.
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Health & Safety Officer (QHSO)™ designation and;
- AASP recommended core course for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
In House Training:
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session). Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.