Module 2: Alberta OHS Legislation Essentials
This course will give participants an extensive overview of the legislation, how it is set up and how employers and employees can use and apply the legislation in their own work places.
DURATION: 4 Hours
CERTIFICATE VALID: 3 Years
PASSING GRADE: 80%
EXAM ATTEMPTS: 3
Instructor Led Training (Classroom / Webinar)
DURATION: Half Day (8:30am -12:30pm)
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: OHS Handi-Guide – $30.00
The learning objectives of this course are to:
- Learn about the world of legalized responsibilities
- Review key points from the OH&S Act, Regulation and Code
- Learn how to demonstrate reasonable care and due diligence
- Define the role of the employer and employee
- Review manager and worker responsibilities
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Health & Safety Officer (QHSO)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.