Module 12: Health and Safety Auditor Training & Certification
This course has been revised and updated to meet the current audit standard and teaches auditors the acceptable methods of evaluation. The only pre-requisites for an internal auditor are to have completed Module 1: Guide to Develop an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the participant needs to have a working knowledge of the company health and safety program as well as some good writing skills. Additional pre-requisites apply to external auditors.
The objectives of this course are to teach the participant how to conduct an evaluation that meets the standard set by Alberta Labour and Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships.
The evaluation course includes:
- The steps followed in conducting an audit
- How to prepare a pre-evaluation letter
- How to conduct a pre-evaluation meeting
- Pre-evaluation information
- Audit information
- Auditor information
- How to conduct the post-evaluation meeting
- Methods of scoring an audit
- Ethics of an auditor
- Documentation required to conduct an audit
- Audit presentation – necessary information
- Appropriate actions of an auditor
- Report writing – consistent information
- Role playing for conducting interviews
- Complete a review of the audit questions based on the AASP Partnership Audit Document.
Upon completion of the written exam the participant must complete an internal audit, and submit for review. Once the audit is reviewed and scored, and the Auditor review receives a mark not less than 80%, a certificate will be issued to the participant. The qualification audit must be submitted within six months of the class.
An external auditor must complete an external audit, submit the completed report for review and achieve not less than 90% on the review to be awarded a certification. The certification audit cannot be a COR qualification audit.
One audit per year must be submitted to maintain Internal / External Auditor certification. A refresher course must be taken once every three years for Internal Auditors and External Auditors are required to attend a 3 hour session annually to maintain certification.
The pre-requisite course for this module is Module 1: Guide to Develop an OH&S Management System.
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Health & Safety Officer (QHSO)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A certificate confirming classroom completion can be issued upon request. Auditor Certification will only be granted upon successful completion of a Qualification Audit and QA Review.
Important: Participant must submit an auditor qualification audit prior to achieve auditor certification.
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.
Classroom / Live Webinar
(Prequalification requirements apply)
DURATION: 4 Days (8.30am – 4.30pm daily)
+ Auditor Interpretation Guide $49.95 + GST
+ Mandatory:AuditSoft Application Overview $39.95 + GST