Module 14: Critical Incident and You
The intent of this course is to assist companies in determining what types of critical incidents have or could occur at their workplace. The employer is responsible to train and prepare workers who may be a first responder to a critical incident at their workplace.
In-class or Live Webinar
DURATION: 5 Hours
The learning objectives of this course are to:
- What does Legislation say?
- Mind Set – Do you have what it takes?
- What is a Critical Incident?
- Effects of a Critical Incident?
- What are the stages of a Critical Incident?
- Debrief – Put Responder Well-being First
- Recognizing PTSD
- Business Continuity – Moving Forward
- Do you have employees trained for emergency response?
- Does each responder really know how they will react when faced with a critical incident?
- Having your employees educated and trained to recognize critical incidents and appropriately respond can save lives.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issue upone completion of course.
This course is an:
- AASP recommended core course for OH&S Leaders.