Module 8: Understanding Workplace Violence and Harassment
Workplace violence can originate from a variety of workplace situations and people. This course will assist you in identifying the areas for potential violence and developing the remedial actions to those situations.
DURATION: 8 Hours
PASSING GRADE: 80%
EXAM ATTEMPTS: 3
Instructor Led Training (Classroom / Webinar)
DURATION: 1 Day (8:30am – 4:30pm)
The learning objectives of this course are to:
- Review the legislative requirements on workplace violence
- Define workplace violence
- Learn how to identify types of workplace violence
- Learn the forms of violence
- Learn about the negative effects of workplace violence
- Learn how to develop a workplace violence policy
- Learn how and why to include workplace violence into hazard assessments and controls
- Learn how to train workers and to respond and get assistance when needed
- Develop a response plan
- Learn how to investigation a workplace violence situation
- Debriefing a situation
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Health & Safety Officer (QHSO)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.