Workplace Violence and Harassment Prevention
Workplace violence and harassment can happen in any workplace situation. These hazards can be subtle, and often remain unspoken in organizations. With over 60% of Canadian employees experiencing harassment and bullying at work, it’s essential that your organization puts measures in place to identify, prevent, and respond to workplace violence and harassment. This course is designed to provide you that, and more, including thorough information and resources about enhancing your organizational culture to reduce the opportunities for workplace violence and harassment. Learn about legislation, risks, warning signs, and procedures. Then, turn an eye to your workplace by completing questionnaires, policy drafts, and response plans to help improve your own program as you complete the course.
DURATION: 8 Hours
PASSING GRADE: 80%
EXAM ATTEMPTS: 3
After this course you’ll be able to
- Identify what constitutes workplace violence and harassment, its types, and its forms.
- Understand some basic concepts about workplace violence and harassment.
- Know your legislative requirement regarding workplace violence and harassment.
- Assess, prioritize, and control workplace violence and harassment hazards.
- Develop Workplace Violence and Harassment Policies, plans, procedures, and training.
- Act appropriately before, during, and after an incident.
- Enhance your organizational culture to prevent workplace violence and harassment.
- Understand the importance of civility and respect in the workplace.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam. Online duration subject to student capabilities.